Jamie Scott Fitness is a boutique-style gym offering unique group fitness classes, personal training and nutrition services.
Jamie Scott Fitness takes "A Different Approach to Wellness," offering effective, results-driven programming that keeps you motivated as you continually strive toward your personal goals.
In order to master this step you must understand the:
- Quality (nutrient density) of foods
- Quantity or volume of foods that you need
- Timing/combination of foods that will help you reach your health goals
- Importance of fueling your body to treat and prevent chronic diseases
- Meal planning, shopping lists and recipes to incorporate into your weekly routine
- Planning for meals on the go and/or away from home
- Nutrition/food education of specific health promoting foods
- Learn how intuitive eating can help free you from current restrictive/diet culture
- Meal preparation, shopping lists and more advanced meal plans
- Support long-term behavior changes, overcome obstacles
- Continue meal planning, food and recipe inclusion
- Practice intuitive/mindful eating
Laura Judd MS, RDN, LDN Laura is a registered and licensed dietitian nutritionist in the state of North Carolina. She holds her master's degree in clinical nutrition from Boston University. Prior to moving to Charlotte in 2015, Laura held a position as Senior Nutritionist at the Boston University Sargent Choice Nutrition Center bu.edu/scnc, where she provided one-on-one, group and classroom education to the BU and Boston communities. Her clients included; BU faculty and staff, college students, division 1 athletes and individuals outside of the university. With over 10 years of experience, Laura's nutrition philosophy is simple; she encourages and teaches clients to eat MORE nutrient dense health-promoting foods, while identifying which foods are important for satisfaction and enjoyment. When not at JSF, Laura loves being outside enjoying the Carolina weather with her husband, two boys, and yellow lab.
Mary Ann Grainger MS, RDN, LDN Mary Ann is a graduate of Miami University and has been a Registered Dietitian for 20 years. She completed her dietetic internship at Shadyside Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. In 2007, she obtained her masters degree in Human Nutrition from Winthrop University. Mary Ann has been employed by Providence Hospital as a clinical and cardiac rehab dietitian. She also worked for DHEC in their Children's Rehabilitative Services and BabyNet Programs.
She has been involved in the community, giving lectures and presentations to schools, churches, exercise groups, and other community organizations. Mary Ann additionally compiled menus for football players who were training for the 2012 NFL Combine.
- Realistic and personal recommendations that take into consideration your life and goals - that means no fad diets, detoxes, or cleansing!
- Quick and immediate feedback - telehealth technology has made it easy to communicate with your nutritionist in real time (what should I order at this restaurant? Is this bread whole-grain? How much sodium is too much?)
- Long-lasting lifestyle change - learn how to eat more of the foods you need for health and maximize your satisfaction of the foods you love.
To schedule a face to face or video conference session with our registered dietitian nutritionist, contact Laura Judd MS, RDN, LDN and she will send you a link to our Healthie platform to get started!
A 3 month long personalized program just for you; including 2 personal training sessions, one 60min assessment with a registered dietitian (complete with starter meal plan), two 15min nutrition check-ins and two virtual workouts per month. The end result: individual nutrition recommendations, a realistic and effective workout routine, and hopefully a happy, healthier you!
Our premier three month personalized program designed to take your wellness to the next level includes individualized nutrition support paired with personal training. Program includes an initial nutrition assessment with a registered dietitian (complete with starter meal plan), 6 15 min nutrition follow up sessions, 6 personal training sessions, and 6 virtual workouts. The end result: a new lifestyle that includes a realistic and effective nutrition and workout routine, and a happy, healthier you!
Sign up for a group nutrition class on the JSF Mind & Body application. All JSF members who attend a class receive a significant discount on 3 individual counseling sessions!
Nutrition lunch and learns can offer your employees nutrition education and a healthy lunch all in one hour. Laura will work with you and your team to identify and plan a healthy catered lunch and lecture. Popular topics include:
Eating for Health:How to incorporate disease fighting foods into your everyday
Plant based eating
Mindful and Intuitive Eating
Meal Planning and Preparation for the Busy Family
Happy Healthy Holidays